YMA Live Transmission
For live online transmission of spiritual activities,talks and events, please click on the play sign .
Masjid Umar Live Transmission
For live online transmission of spiritual activities,talks and events, please click on the play sign.
CONTACT: 306 Barnsley Road, Sheffield S5 7AD
PHONE: 0114 256 2170
Following a desperate need for a local Masjid and Madrasah in the Fir vale area of Sheffield, a two storey semi-detached residential property was bought in 1998 by a group of local Muslims. Since then, Masjid Umar has excelled and flourished in facilitating the diverse religious and social needs of the community. A further detached residential property adjacent to the Masjid was purchased to meet the needs and interests of the wider community. Masjid Umar continues to provide an excellent service to men, women and children.
Yorkshire Muslim Academy
CONTACT: Bland Street, Sheffield S4 8DG
PHONE: 0114 244 7730
On the 21st January 2010, only with the Grace of Allah the much needed Yorkshire Muslim Academy (YMA) was established as an off shoot of Masjid Umar, Sheffield. Its unique central location in the city, serves as an ideal platform to accommodate for the religious and secular educational needs of the community as well addressing the social and cultural welfare and interests of the people.
HIFZ GRADUATION CEREMONY TODAY AT YMA!
HIFZ GRADUATION CEREMONIES AT YMA!
- Bilal Bashir Khan and Taibah Fiaz Khan = Sun 14th Sept at 2:00pm at YMA.
- Saira Mustafa Khan = Sun 21st Sept at 2:00pm at YMA.
QURBANI PROJECTS 2014 FROM MASJID UMAR!
- For a large animal in Bihar = £80 (7 shares) and £12 per share.
- For a single small animal in Bihar = £50.
- For a large animal in West Bengal = £100 (7 shares) and £15 per share.
- For a single animal in Malawi = £25.
MADRASAH HOLIDAY SCHEDULE 2014/15
- EID-UL-ADHA HOLIDAYS - Madrasah will close on FRIDAY 3rd OCTOBER at 7pm and will re-open on WEDNESDAY 8th OCTOBER at 7pm.
- HALF TERM OCTOBER HOLIDAYS - Madrasah will remain closed on MONDAY 27th and TUESDAY 28th OCTOBER and will re-open on WEDNESDAY 29th OCTOBER.
- WINTER HOLIDAYS - Madrasah will close on FRIDAY 26th DECEMBER at 7pm and will re-open on MONDAY 5th JANUARY.
- HALF TERM FEBRUARY HOLIDAYS - Madrasah will remain closed on MONDAY 16th and TUESDAY 17th FEBRUARY.
- APRIL HOLIDAYS - Madrasah will close on FRIDAY 3rd APRIL at 7pm and will re-open on MONDAY 13th APRIL.
- MAY HOLIDAY - Madrasah will remain closed on MONDAY 4th MAY.
- BANK HOLIDAY - Madrasah will remain closed on MONDAY 25th MAY.
- SUMMER HOLIDAYS - From FRIDAY 17th JULY till SUNDAY 2nd AUGUST.
IMPORTANT MADRASAH DATES 2014/2015
- MID-YEAR WRITTEN EXAMS - SATURDAY 20th and SUNDAY 21st DECEMBER.
- MID-YEAR FATHERS' MEETING - SUNDAY 11TH JAUNARY.
- MID-YEAR MOTHERS' MEETING - SUNDAY 18th JANUARY.
- ANNUAL WRITTEN EXAMS - SATURDAY 30th and SUNDAY 31st MAY.
- ANNUAL ORAL EXAMS - From MONDAY 1ST JUNE till SATURDAY 13th JUNE.
- ANNUAL FATHERS' MEETING - SUNDAY 17th JUNE.
- ANNUAL MOTHERS' MEETING - SUNDAY 21st JUNE.
IMPORTANT ISLAMIC DATES 2014/15
- 1st THIL-HAJJ = THURSDAY 25th SEPTEMBER.
- 9th THIL-HAJJ (DAY OF 'ARAFAH) = FRIDAY 3rd OCTOBER.
- EID-UL-ADHA = SATURDAY 4th OCTOBER.
- 1st MUHARRAM 1436 (New Islamic Year) = SATURDAY 25th OCTOBER.
- 10th MUHARRAM ('AASHOORA) = MONDAY 3rd NOVEMBER.
- 1st SHA'BAAN = TUESDAY 19th MAY.
- 15th SHA'BAAN (LAYLAT-UL-BARAA'AH) = TUESDAY 2nd JUNE.
LIVE TRANSMISSION FROM MASJID UMAR & YMA!
- Jumu'ah talk at YMA on Fri 5th Sept at 1.30pm.